Sunset Sessions at Park Tavern on Piedmont Park kicked off in April, but don’t fear there are more to hear. There are 15 more acts to kick off, running until early September. So bring your dancing shoes, but leave your dollar bills behind because this concert series if FREE. Well maybe bring some mullah to enjoy some SweetWater.
Park tavern serves great bar food and even sushi. If you want something more peaceful there are table towards the back that have a gorgeous view of the park, but make sure to get there early to snag a spot. For the full list of sunset sessions check their schedule.
Make a day of it
Piedmont Park has a lot to offer and is a great place to people watch, play lawn games, and cool off at their pool. We personally enjoy KanJam, but I know the southern tradition of corn hole might take precedence. Sunset sessions would be a great way to cap off a full day of ATL activities. We have two treks for you.
West to East Trek
Start: The Nook
- Wash down some Totchos with their “meal in itself” their full size bloody mary. This bloody mary includes a hard boiled egg, steak, and tater tots.
Middle: The East Side Lawn
- Bring a lawn game, a bluetooth speaker, and a blanket.
End: Sunset Sessions
North to South Trek
Start: Rent a bike
- Relay bike is a convenient way to not worry about lugging or owning a bike. There is a bike rental at the start of the east side trail right by Krog Street Market with a drop point right in front of Park Tavern.
Middle: “The Cool Down” King of Pops or Victory Sandwich Bar
- You might be getting toasty by this point, so what better way to cool off than to get a tasty popsicle from the King of Pops headquarters or a dickel and coke slushie from Victory Sandwich Bar! Victory just introduced a rose slushie this summer which is now available on Saturday and Sunday at the outside trailer.
Middle 2: New Realm Brewery
- Not even a year old New Realm Brewery off the beltline is a fun place to stop for suds. If your in the mood for food there is a restaurant downstairs and upstairs is the tasting room where you can catch some views of the atlanta skyline.
End: Drop Bike / Sunset Sessions
- You can drop your Relay bike off at Park Tavern on the side that faces the park.